Material Storage On A Volumetric Mixer
What differentiates a volumetric concrete mixer from traditional barrel mixers is the fact every necessary ingredient for concrete production is contained and carried on the unit. This includes admixtures, cement powder, sand, stone, and water.
1. Sand and stone are separated in open bins.
2. A closed, watertight bin stores cement powder behind the aggregates.
3. An auxiliary tank toward the front of the unit provides the water.
4. Admixture tanks — found on the side of the unit — integrate into the system.
Setting The Volumetric Mixer Controls
Once the storage bins are loaded and the mixer is on-site, the operator selects the correct mix design for the job.
5. The sand and stone gate adjusts to the correct position based on the mix design. The admixture and water flow rate also sets.
Concrete Production With A Volumetric Mixer
6. The operator presses the start button to begin.
7. As the sand and stone exit their respective bins, they pass under the "strike off" gates. The materials then pass under the cement bin and falls into the mixing auger.
8. The cement bin meters the correct amount of cement onto the mix. Dual auger cement metering means consistent mix designs within plus-minus one percent for every pour.
9. All materials simultaneously enter the continuous mixer where they're thoroughly mixed by Cemen Tech's unique mix auger.
10. The mix auger carries a homogenous concrete mixture to the discharge chute.
YOUR WICHITA FALLS, TEXAS
make Diamond M Concrete your first call in Wichita Falls, TX, and surrounding areas.